HOW TO ORDER – COME ORDINARE
- Order Open on 16th September (15.00BST) – Ordini aperti il 16 Settembre (Ore 16.00)
- Order on www.viqueriawatches.com (free shipping) or on Kickstarter at the following link https://bit.ly/levantemk3
- Laguna Blue – Silverstone White – Mugello Black -> 200 pieces available
- Hinomaru Special Edition -> 50 pieces available
After the success of its first edition in 2019 and the second edition launched in 2020, we are proposing you the All-New Viqueria Levante MK3.
A Limited Edition of 200 pieces watch with a load of character that kept some elements of our earlier designs whilst developing a timepiece that stands apart, not just within our own range but also within the microbrand market it exists.
It’s no secret that cars and watches have a longstanding history together. Racing cars depends on accurate timekeeping, and luxury motorsport watches provide precision in spades. Though most racers no longer need the wristwatch for timekeeping, this style still exudes cool. This is a complex yet reliable timepiece, offering both accurate timekeeping and time measurement.
The All-New Levante is powered by a Seagull ST19 movement, encased in a 41 mm 316L stainless steel case with a domed sapphire crystal with AR coating.
The All-New Levante is available in 4 mesmerizing styles:
- “Hinomaru” Special Edition: 50 pieces available. When Italian design meets Japan tradition this is the result. This is our tribute to one of our favourite countries. The dial has a red circle like the Japanese flag (called Hinomaru) and the White dial fade to a Cherry outer color that represent the Sakura Blossom. On the dial you could also find a inner tachymeter scale and Japanese writings;
- Silverstore White: A Pearl White dial with Anodized Blue hands and markers;
- Mugello Black: An instant classic, blue dial with sunray finishing;
- Laguna Blue: Sporty but stylish dial with a great bursting Blue.
SEAGULL ST19 with SWAN NECK REGULATOR
1960. In Switzerland there were three competing chronograph movement manufacturers: Lemania, Valijoux and Venus. Venus made the popular Calibre 175 column wheel chronograph movement that was used in several high end watches.
In 1961, the Chinese Government assigned the task of developing and producing an air force chronograph for the Army to the asian Tianjin-Seagull Watch Factory.
Seagull bought everything from Venus company, the machines, blueprints and everything that was used to produce the Calibre 175, and then upgraded the original 17-jewel movement to their own 19-jewel ST19 movement.
By 1965 these watches had met all the requirements and passed all the Ministry’s tests so an order was placed. In 1966 Tianjin-Seagull delivered 1,400 of these watches to the air force.
We choose ST19 because of its elegance, history and smoothness of operation. Our version is an upgrade to the original 19-jewel movement and it host 21 jewels.
Inside a mechanical chronograph, you’ll usually find one of two types of movement; a column wheel movement or a cam-actuated variety. Seagull ST19 is based on a column-wheel system, like Patek Philippe CH-29-535 movement and Zenith El Primero watch.
When you push the “start” button you act on the column wheel operating lever which moves the wheel. That then moves the clutch rocker away from its detent. The rocker then engages with the oscillating pinion with the chronograph wheel and the hand starts moving. Click to stop and the column wheel turns the other way.
A cam and lever has – near enough – the same number of parts as a column wheel set-up, but it costs rather less to produce as the tolerance of the parts doesn’t need to be quite so precise. Cam-actuated system is used on ETA/Valijoux 7750 movement. When you push the “start” button you act on a level and an oscillating pinion that moves on the chrono whell.
Every watch enthusiast know how beautiful is a column whell movement. Details matters, so Viqueria Levante is equipped with an exhibition caseback.
- Limited Edition Size: 200 individually numbered timepieces. “Hinomaru” Special Edition produced in 50 pieces;
- Complications: Chronograph;
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet;
- Diameter: 41mm, excluding crown. Lug to Lug 46.3mm;
- Lug Width: 20mm;
- Height: 12,9mm;
- Case: Marine grade 316L stainless steel;
- Case Back: Exhibition Caseback;
- Dial Type: Applied indices with a sunburst main dial and 3D metal ring on two sub-dials;
- Crystal: Vintage-style custom high dome sapphire crystal with Anti-Reflective coating;
- Bezel: Fixed position brushed steel bezel insert with tachometer scale;
- Lume: Japanese C3 LumiNova;
- Bracelet: 316L marine grade stainless steel “5 link” bracelet;
- Movement: Seagull ST19 with Swan Neck regulator;
- Warranty: 2 years;
- Regulated in Italy
- Shipped from Italy