We have sent the samples of the Calipso 2.0 to the best youtubers on the net and here you could see and listen what they say about us:
At Viqueria, we’re always striving to provide the highest quality products for our customers. That’s why we’ve made these upgrades to the Calipso watch, ensuring that it’s not only stylish but also durable and reliable.
The new colors are sure to impress, with options to suit any style or occasion. So don’t wait any longer – upgrade your wrist game with the new and improved Viqueria Calipso watch. With its stylish design and superior construction, you won’t be disappointed.
The name Calipso is directly inspired by Calypso, the goddess of the sea who fell in love with Odysseus and trapped him on her island for 7 years. Daughter of the Titan Atlas, Calypso was a goddess of renowned beauty. She controlled the seas along with Poseidon, and her temper was well-known to be as unpredictable as the waves. In Homer’s epic poem The Odyssey, Odysseus landed on her island called Ogygia shortly after he lost all of his men. She took him into her beautiful island cave dwellings and fell in love with him immediately. She was known for her music and song, and she used this to enchant him for seven years on her island.
- Rotating Bezel: The Calipso features an unidirectional bezel made from a thick piece of aluminum and is crafted with a double finish, black and brushed. The bezel not only allows you to calculate diving time or any other activity up to 60 minutes, it also gives you the time in a second time zone. The shape of the bezel is designed for easy hand rotation, even with diving gloves. For safety, the bezel can only turn counterclockwise. If it is accidentally moved it will indicate a longer elapsed dive time. At the start of a dive, turn the bezel so that the zero mark is in front of the minute-hand. The minute hand will always show the number of minutes that have elapsed since the dive started;
- Pearlescent Dials: Designed with a unique grained texture, the dial features a “variable light absorbing” pearlescent finishing that enhance the iridescence of the Chameleon Brown and Moon Black dials;
- Super Mirror Polishing: A Viqueria’s first time, this technology is employed to finish polished parts of the case and the bracelet to create a mirror-like surface. It gives perfectly smooth surface that appears a stark black from certain angles.
- Superlume: A true dive watch needs exceptional lume for legibility in low light, that’s why when we started to think about the Calipso project, one of the first points was to load the markers, hands and bezel dot with a lot of luminous paste. This is the reason why we applied C3 + BGW9 Superlume to markers, bezel and hands of the Calipso;
- Domed Sapphire Crystal: Sapphire (whether natural or synthetic) is one of the hardest substances on earth. It measures 9 on the Mohs scale, which is a system for rating the relative hardness of various materials (Diamond measures 10, the highest rating).The Calipso is equipped with a domed sapphire crystal with 2 layers of inner AR Coating, that enhance the visual appealing of the watch and the texture of the dials;
- Water Resistance: Like any self-respecting diver watch, the Viqueria Calipso is built to be with you also underwater. The Calipso withstand a depth of 300 meters. We put the Calipso through two primary tests: 1- Air Leakage (watches are put in a pressurized chamber to detect any microscopic holes in the gaskets through changes in pressure); 2- 30ATM Real Water Pressure Test (watches are submerged and pressurized to 30ATM, then removed and heated to check for signs of moisture inside the watch case).
- Case: 316L 42mm diamater. 22mm lugs width. Lug to Lug 48,5mm. Thickness 12,2mm/13,6mm (without/with crystal);
- Crystal: Domed Sapphire with 3x Inner AR coating;
- WR: 300 meters;
- Dials: Caribbean Sea Sand (full lume) – Lapis Blue – Turquois Pearl;
- Superlume: Japan grade Superlume C3 + BGW9 on hands, markers and bezel; Full Lume (C3 + BGW9);
- Movement: Regulated Seiko NH38a;
- Strap: Stainless Steel bracelet with solid ends and links;
- Bezel: 2mm aluminum insert;
- Designed in Italy;
- 2 Years Warranty.