The journey started in 2012, when Nicolò and Omar, friends as well as watch enthusiasts, founded 2DStraps, an Italian brand that makes leather watches straps for luxury watches with top quality Tuscany leather. Their dream to build an authentic Italian timepiece comes true in 2017, when they founded VIQUERIA.
VIQUERIA is a start-up based in Voghera, Italy, a city close to Milano and hometown of the two founders Nicolò and Omar, with the mission to deliver to Customers affordable but quality and appealing watches, which does not cost an arm and delivers everyday pleasure to wear. The name of the Italian-rooted brand takes its origins from the ancient Roman name of Voghera, founded by the roman emperor Augustus.
We have decided to give to our brand the name Viqueria because we want to honour our Italian roots and we want to give to our future products a strong footprint that rise from our origins.
Viqueria is the ancient roman name given during Middle Age to the city of Voghera, located in the north of Italy far approximately 40 km from Milano. Our hometown was founded by Augustus, a Roman politician and general considered the first Roman emperor, controlling the Roman Empire from 27 BC until his death in AD 14.
Known in ancient times as Iria, it took its name from the river on which it was situated. During Middle Age it was destroyed by the Rugii, a tribe who migrated from southwest Norway, and it is next mentioned. After several lordships, it was acquired by the House of Savoy in 1743 with the Concordat of Worms. Five years later it became provincial capital and received the city status.
During World War II, owing to its strategic position on the roads Milan-Genoa and Turin-Bologna, it was heavily bombed by the Allies.
Main sights of Voghera are:
- The Castle, erected by the Visconti in 1335-1372, containing frescoes attributed to Bramantino;
- Palazzo Gounela, the current Town Hall;
- The large Cathedral of Saint Lawrence dates from the 11th century, but was remodelled in the Baroque style about the beginning of the 17th;
- The church of St. Joseph, with a noteworthy Baroque façade;
- The suppressed church of Sant’Ilario, also known as Tempio alla Cavalleria or Chiesa Rossa (“Cavalry Temple” or “Red Church”), so called from the red colour of the brick of which it is built. It dates from the 8th-10th centuries;
- The Historic Museum houses, among the others, the personal A112 car of General Carlo Alberto Dalla Chiesa, killed by the Mafia in 1982, and the weapon that allegedly killed Benito Mussolini.
This is a list of notable people who were born in Voghera:
- Fashion designer Valentino Garavani, best known simply as Valentino;
- The Maserati Brothers, automobile engineers;
- Italian boxer world and Olympic champion Giovanni Parisi.
We greatly value our customers and are always willing to help with your queries.
If you have a query about your timepiece and would like to get in touch with us, please send an email to email@example.com