the security of your data is a priority at Viqueria, and we are
committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your
data fairly and legally at all times. Viqueria is also dedicated to
being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use
This policy, which applies whether you visit our stores, use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
– how we use your data;
– what personal data we collect;
– how we ensure your privacy is maintained;
– your legal rights relating to your personal data.
1. Data Protection Law
The EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (which supplements the GDPR) came into force on 25 May 2018. We refer to these as “data protection law”. Once in force, data protection law will regulate the processing of “personal data” relating to individuals by organisations (known as “data controllers”).
2. Key definitions
On this page, and the pages which it links to, we have used some words and phrases, and these are explained below.
“Personal data” means any information which relates to a living, identifiable person. It can include names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses etc but it is wider than that and includes any other information relating to that person or a combination of information which, if put together, means that the person can be identified.
“Special category data” means personal data about a person’s race, ethnic origin, politics, religion, trade union membership, genetics, biometrics (where used for ID purposes), health, sex life or sexual orientation.
“Processing” covers all activities relating to the use of personal data by an organisation, from its collection through to its storage and disposal and everything in between.
“Data subject” means the person whose personal data is being processed.
“Data controller” means the organisation which is responsible for processing data and ensuring that personal data is processed in accordance with data protection law.
3. Privacy notices
Personal data must be processed in accordance with specific principles set out in Data Protection Law. These include the principle that personal data should be processed ‘lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner’. In order to comply with this principle, Viqueria Italian Watch Co. will advise you on how it will process your information at the time we collect it. This information is normally set out in a “privacy notice” which we publish on our website.
4. Viqueria Italian Watch Co. as data controller
Viqueria Italian Watch Co. is the data controller for any personal data that we process in relation to you.
Occasionally, Viqueria Italian Watch Co. may be a joint data controller with other organisations, or we may be processing data about you on behalf of another organisation, but when this is the case, we will make you aware of this when the information is collected.
5. What personal data will be processed?
Any personal details provided to us at the point of enquiry or reservation are stored in our database, along with any subsequent relevant data provided to us at a later stage during the reservation process or during your stay. We will not share sensitive information or your payment details. Information is gathered through our web-based enquiry forms, during telephone or face to face communications with us, and by email or post.
Personal data collected includes: your name, home address, business address (if booking on behalf of an organisation), a contact telephone number (landline and mobile where possible), email address, or any other personal information that you disclose to us at the point of your enquiry, reservation or during your stay.
In addition to this, we may need to process some data about you that is classed as ‘special category’ or sensitive personal data. We will usually ask you for consent to do this. This includes any relevant health and disability information you provide us. We will make sure that access to, and the sharing of, your special category personal data is controlled very carefully.
Cookies are collected on the website to improve your experience. For more information visit the Privacy page www.viqueriawatches.com/
6. What is the purpose of the processing?
Viqueria Italian Watch Co. will process your personal data for a range of purposes. These include the following:
· To deliver services and facilities to you
· To administer any billing information
· To communicate with you by post, phone, email or other electronic media, in order to provide you with relevant information and updates relating to your purchase
· To enable us to contact others in the event of an emergency
· With your consent, to communicate with you for marketing and promotional purposes.
· To compile statistics for reporting purposes.
7. Who will my personal data be shared with?
Your personal data may be shared, on a considered and confidential basis, with a range of external organisations as is necessary for the purposes set out above and as permitted or required by law, including the following:
· Occasionally and when necessary the police and other law enforcement agencies, for the prevention or detection of crime.
· Occasionally and when necessary internal and external auditors and regulators.
Except as we have explained above, we will not normally publish or disclose any personal data about you to other external enquirers or organisations unless you have asked us to do or have consented to it, or unless it is in your vital interests to do so (e.g. in an emergency situation).
8. How long is my personal data kept?
Personal data relating to your purchase will be kept on our systems for 2 years to ensure the best application for the 24 months warranty.
Personal data collected as part of a customer enquiry which did not result in a purchase will be stored on our systems for a shorter period of time, as permitted by law.
9. How we protect your personal data
Viqueria Italian Watch Co. handles a substantial amount of information about individuals. It is important that they have trust and confidence that Viqueria Italian Watch Co. will protect their privacy, and we take great care to ensure that personal data is handled, stored and disposed of confidentially and securely. Our staff receive regular data protection training, and we have put in place organisational and technical measures to ensure that personal data is processed in accordance with the 6 data protection principles set out in Data Protection Law.
Your personal data is collected, stored and transmitted securely in a variety of paper and electronic formats. Only relevant staff that require access to your personal data for the purpose for delivering our services will be able to access this data. Our use of your data will be strictly limited to the purpose and legal basis outlined below.
10. Google Analytics
When someone visits www.viqueriawatches.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses. We use a third-party provider, MailerLite to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailerLite’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer at this email
12. Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data which is processed by Viqueria Italian Watch Co.:
· to access the personal information Viqueria Italian Watch Co. holds about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request. More information about making Subject Access Requests and exercising your rights is available below;
· to correct inaccuracies or, where appropriate and taking into account the purpose for which we process your data, the right to have incomplete data completed;
· to have your personal data erased. This is a limited right which applies, among other circumstances, when the data is no longer required or the processing has no legal justification. There are also exceptions to this right, such as when the processing is required by law or in the public interest (e.g. when Viqueria Italian Watch Co. needs to retain a historical archive);
· to object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes. If you ask us to delete your personal data, we will continue to maintain a core set of personal data comprising very brief information to ensure that we do not inadvertently contact you in future.
· to object to the processing of your personal data when that processing is based on specific criteria such as the public interest or other legitimate interests, unless we have compelling lawful grounds to continue;
· to restrict the processing of your personal data. This is a limited right which will apply in specific circumstances and for a limited period;
· to ask for the transfer of your data electronically to a third party;
· where the legal basis for us processing your personal data is your consent, to withdraw that consent at any time.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer at email@example.com